Eating scorpions in Mexico, climbing volcanoes in Guatemala, surfing in Nicaragua, chasing sloths in Costa Rica, island hopping in Panama, dancing Rumba in Colombia, lifeguarding in Ecuador and more...

March 23, 2010

Granada, Nicaragua

 After spending a scary and lonely night in Managua, I took a cab early morning to pick up Pedro at the airport. I went hours earlier to the airport because I did not want to be in the dodgy neighborhood I had spent the night. His flight was super late, but during that time I recruited a following of little children who sat around me watching me make bracelets sitting on the airport floor. I gave all of the ones I had made away and Pedro arrived to participate in my adventure. We negotiated a ride and went straight to Granada and to the great Bearded Monkey hostel, with a beautiful indoor garden pation, hammocks and a bar.

Pedro and I were starving so we walked around the town and decided to eat at a small restaurant with tables on a park. There we tried a typical dish of mashed Yucca with a type of cole slaw and and some pork for Pe, it was very different with an interesting taste, but I really enjoyed and have since really enjoyed eating yucca.

At the hostel we ran into Tom, Becks and Ayako who I met briefly in Antigua, and together we got a crew to go on a little tour of Lago de Nicaragua which has hundreds of islands. Party boat time.

You have to pay just to look

One of the islands we floated around was filled with monkeys

One of them decided to come on the boat and greet us

Pedro, Ayako and I swimming in the lake during our lunch.


Delicious Lunch!!!!

Love it!

Another visit, this time we had food

After our great day on the lake we went back to the hostel to rest and there we ran into Lauren and Nath, who I had plans to spend christmas with in San Juan. We all decided to get together and have a night out.




Tom and Ayako
Nath and I


Lozza and Nath

                               



After a really interesting dinner at a restaurant in a not so good area, with dirt floors and expensive food, but with the advantage that you could buy a whole bottle of Flor de Caña rum and have it served on your table, which got us all a little bit too excited, I went to bed dead and in the next morning we all got together and decided it was time we headed to the beach since we were all aching for a bit of sun and salt water in our bodies and were waiting anxiously to celebrate our wonderful christmas with 3 new guests in San Juan.

No comments:

Post a Comment